Chinatown Camo


Brokenhearted Tank - Forever 21 || Camouflage bodycon skirt - Charlotte Russe || Tri-fold pleated necklace - H&M
Brown Cami - Forever 21 || Chocolate brown sandals - borrowed from Aunt's closet :D || Bandaged toe - Unknown Spider
Photo Credits: Jianne Badoy, Anj Lozano (my sis), and me

Get it? Camouflaging in Chinatown (NYC) because I'm Asian? Lol okay, I'm done. :P Summer is finally here and the weather is just going to keep getting warmer and warmer from here on out! I don't know if I'm entirely happy because I'm not really a big fan of the humidity, but oh well, I can go swimming soon! Who doesn't love swimming? (Hmm... a lot of people actually... :p)

When these pictures were taken, it was a hot and humid day in the city and unfortunately, we didn't go to a swimming pool or anything. I did try my best to stay cool by wearing a loose tank and paired it with a camo bodycon skirt that I got for only $5 from Charlotte Russe sale section!!! That section mostly had broken down sizes and you needed a lot of patience to find something worth buying, trust me.

With that green color scheme from the camo skirt, I wore a brown cami underneath the tank to kind of tie them together and make them have an earthy feel. I chose a tank because I was already wearing a short skirt and didn't want to expose too much skin (and I was with my dad and my friends' dads lol). Although, a bralette or a bandeau would be a really, really fab piece to wear with the tank. You could even wear tanks such as this one over your swimsuit as a cover up ;].

As for the shoes, I opted for brown sandals because sandals are awesome and the brown matches with my tank...and a white bandage for "dat toe doe" (insider) since it went with my tank! Haha just kidding, I'm too lazy to crop it out and I'm not all too familiar with Gimp (photo editor), unlike with Adobe Photoshop. Anyway, that, ladies and gents, is a hidden blister that resulted from a spider bite; it would look awkward to crop out and besides it adds character to the outfit ;p.

I tried to keep my post short and succinct (epic fail?).
I just want to thank any supporters and readers I have out there, if any :P lol
Enjoy the summer weather! <3

xoxo,
Ally Marie

PS: The photos were only taken with an iPhone 5S. It would've been better with a DSLR, but for a phone, they're pretty decent! :D Kudos to Apple!

2 comments: