E.L.F. August Haul


E.l.f. is such a throwback brand for me; it is one of the brands I grew up with and what I used when I started dabbling with make up, more specifically lip gloss! :-* Now that I'm in college, I never expected to splurge on this brand again. That obviously changed when an e.l.f. studio opened up by my school (on Fulton St., NYC)! I am telling you, you need to visit it as soon as possible. The prices are great and if you're like me, who doesn't make a career out of putting make up on haha, it is definitely the store to go to. It is really great for practicing techniques and perfecting your skill, which I am trying to do right now, considering the reasonable prices for good quality. This is the first haul I'm doing and I really don't regret buying these products to try.

1. Lotion Wipes in Peony Petal

I'm not going to lie, I honestly thought these were make up remover wipes haha! They removed my make up off pretty well and moisturized my face at the same time; it was great! Then, I realized they were just moisturizing wipes, but I really do recommend these for travel because they are very convenient. The drawback is that it is only 15 sheets for $3, but you wouldn't want to be carrying a thick pack anyway. In addition, I have sensitive skin and I love how my skin didn't feel a sting or burn when I wiped my face with this. I'm definitely going to keep purchasing this product.

2. Lengthening and Volumizing Mascara

I like this mascara and it's pretty good for $3, but it does smudge. I didn't see a waterproof one at the store, but they sell it online and that might be better if you would like to try this brand or start practicing using mascara. My eyelashes came out nice; the mascara did add a bit of length and volume, which was the goal.

3. Eyebrow Duo Brush

I've used this duo brush a couple of times so far and it seems good. It was $3 and I do recommend getting this. The spool does a fine job on fixing your eyebrows a bit and the brush is stiff enough to apply the cream/ gel well.

4. Eyebrow Kit in Medium

I don't fill in my eyebrows at all so I wanted to start with something small and not go straight to brands like Anastasia or Tarte, which starts at $30. As a beginner, I really like it; it's not that pigmented, but I think it's actually okay because my make up is always light and I'm still practicing shaping. I haven't used it for a whole day yet, but my friend said it kind of fades as the day goes on. For $3 though, this eyebrow kit is pretty good.

5. Jumbo Eyeshadow Stick in French Lace

I love this; I think it's so cool and convenient. I've never used eyeshadow sticks before, but I think I'll get another one. I'm always rushing to put my make up on in the mornings and this is perfect because I always need to put a base for my eyeliners, otherwise they smudge off.
This is only $3 as well, so I suggest get one!

Disclaimer: Some of these products are not available for purchase online.

0 comments:

Post a Comment