Polka Dotted


PC: Self-timer :P
White Cardigan - Forever21 || Polka Dotted/ Peter Pan Collared top - UniQlo
Black Sweater Cardigan - Charlotte Russe || Purple Refuge Jeans - Charlotte Russe 
City Classified Boots - Lulus.com


This is officially my first outfit post! I wanted to keep it simple for the first day of the new year, which we spent at a family friend's house in Woodside, NY for a little get-together. I tried to incorporate circles in the outfit because there's this belief that circles (more specifically, coins) bring prosperity for the new year. Often, Filipinos would buy circular fruits like grapes, oranges, etc. or shake coins to bring the luck into their homes. 

Moving on, I don't have that many articles of clothing with circles, so I opted to wear this Lulu Guinness polka dotted top with a Peter Pan collar [it's there! lol] that I got from UniQlo [sale price, of course :p]. I paired it with my purple jeans and chose a plain, white cardigan [only $8.80 from Forever21!] to help bring out the white dots. It was chilly that day, so I decided to bring a sweater cardigan from Charlotte Russe [a Christmas present from my awesome(sometimes haha) sister! She knew I wanted it |^-^| <3] just in case I needed another layer for warmth. For accessories, I strayed away from the black and white and wore my new, suede taupe shoes. I couldn't afford the Chinese Laundry version of the boots because it was twice the price, but nonetheless, I'm happy with my purchase because they are unbelievably comfortable. The Bijoux Terner watch I wore was yellow because it complemented the color purple and I also had on a Rachel Roy owl ring, a NY&Co. bracelet, and a simple necklace with beige beads that went with my taupe boots.

That is all for now and thank you (if you're actually still reading until this line) :p

xoxo,
Ally Marie

4 comments:

  1. Polkadots are really cute to layer with any kardiguns & skirts!! u have made a nice look!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice outfit! Always been a fan of polka dots ♥ theyre the cutest and i dont know why haha.. Happy New Year to u guys! And belated happy birthday to your dad :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! <3 Happy New Year to you guys as well and I'll tell him! :]

      Delete