Shrimp Gambas


Bask in the shrimps' orange glory... Lol so to begin, my mom is one of THE GREATEST COOKS I'll ever meet and I really hope that one day, I can be as amazing as her |^-^| As of now, I'm still experimenting and starting with recipes that are less intricate. Every now and then, I would look up new recipes to make or just volunteer to cook our family's dinner. Some of the things I love to make are:

-Homemade Tacos [store-bought shells though :P]

-Pancakes and/ or Waffles [always from scratch] with bacon and eggs [or ice cream]
-Crepes
-Penne alla vodka
-Anything with chicken breast [who doesn't love chicken?! excluding vegetarians and vegans]
-Truffles, Cakes, Cupcakes
(-food... :p)

you will or probably already saw me post Instagram pictures of those foods from time to time :]

Anyway, moving on! Recently, I learned the recipe for the Filipino dish called Shrimp Gambas. I would give you measured ingredients, but that's not how my mom cooks [no measurements but the food still comes out delicious --> exactly what I mean by one of the greatest cooks lol]

I'll just quickly describe the process. You begin with cooking chopped
 garlic in oil [we used olive oil] until it is brown and as my mom likes to call it "toasted" lol :D Next, you add the shrimp with salt to taste! Continue cooking the shrimp [stirring occasionally] until it turns orange, which approximately takes 5-10 minutes and turn off the stove. Then, add red pepper flakes and chopped scallions before serving. You can also sprinkle more garlic before serving, we have a jar of roasted garlic so we decided to use it. [Garlic is awesome!]

That's it for nowwww :]

xoxo,

Ally Marie

1 comment: