A Modern Take on Shakespeare's Romantic Tragedy



Dear Reader,
Have you seen the most recent novel to movie screen production? If you haven't, then what are you doing? (...other than reading my post, of course, and I hope you finish reading this first ha) Get up and go to the movie theaters and watch the freaking terrible-but-amazing movie starring Shailene Woodley (gal who is also in the movie Divergent) and Ansel Elgort (a jaw-dropping, damn cute guy, I must add)!

The new film is based on John Green's heartbreaking novel, The Fault in Our Stars, which is definitely one of my favorite novels of all time. It is a modern version of the legendary Romeo and Juliet by the one and only Shakespeare, soooo you have to expect that it has a tragic ending. Honestly, that isn't even a spoiler, just be prepared and bring a tissue box ;] (I definitely needed one because I cry very easily, unfortunately -.-)

So, the story goes like this:

"Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten." -Amazon

Well, that my friends is the overview that I got from Amazon, one of my favorite shopping sites. I want to give you a summary, but I don't want to spoil the novel or film. Just read or see it for yourself. (Cruel? Nahh :P) Although, I will tell you that I am completely satisfied with the film. They did a wonderful job and I love it, even if they did leave several details out of the movie! If you don't really know me, I am one of those people that always has to read the book or series before watching the movie. (Yes, we exist lol) Personally, I love, love, love reading (eh, not when I have to do it for homework lol) and I just like knowing the story and seeing what they include or change in the films, despite the disappointments that I may have as a result of this process. Also, when I read the book first, it allows creative and limitless imagination to happen; I get a chance to visualize the characters, rather than just seeing the actors and actresses as the people in the stories because in that way, they aren't as fictional as they were before.... See my perspective now? 

To conclude this post, I just want to say that I hope you see the movie soon. Grab a friend or relative and go! Or, get a copy of the book and read it, not a lot of people do that these days from what I am seeing or hearing or whatever and that saddens me :/

xoxo,
Ally Marie

The trailer posted for your convenience :]

2 comments:

  1. We watched that movie! And yes, twas one great film and I cried buckets too specially on that eulogy part :-( I was actually on the middle of reading that novel (on and off reading, as usual) when Trish forced me to watch it already, and it was all worth it!

    Unfortunately, the world isn't a wish-granting factory..my fave line :-) Or somekinda like that.. More movie posts please!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the story is just phenomenal! :] I might just post more and incorporate quotes, thanks tita! <3

      Delete