Walking in Red Velvet


Red Velvet Boots - Wet Seal + || Black High Waisted Denim - H&M || Bag - Wet Seal
Checkered White Sheer Blouse - Kara New York || Necklace - Wet Seal || Hat - Grandma's gift <3
Photos taken by Bimbo Flores

"Never judge a book by its cover." We always try not to, but it's human nature. Going into 2015, I was hoping for good changes to come, but I'm afraid I've gotten the complete opposite. I lost my job on the 2nd day of the very new year; imagine going to work then finding out that it's your last day. That's what happened to me and man, it is really difficult to find a new job in January! Every place is deadly slow and not hiring, but fear not, my search shall continue! Although I've had a bad start for the year, I'm not going to come to conclusions that it will be a bad year -knock on wood lol- I'm trying to avoid judging this book by its cover. 

So, how's your new year starting off? Can you believe January is almost over? Hopefully, the cold winter season follows suit as quickly as possible! :P When I had this photoshoot and was taking my jacket off, you can only guess how many people looked my way and thought, "Is she insane? It's freezing out!" But, translate that in Chinese because we were in Chinatown haha! I was wearing my red velvet boots from Wet Seal and since I wanted the color of the shoes to be the highlight of the outfit, I kept the rest relatively monochromatic with a black-white-gray color scheme. Although, I just realized that my hair color was also fighting for the spotlight in this outfit. :D

A quick story behind the hat: I got it as a present two Christmases ago from my Lola, which means Grandma in Tagalog, and when I thanked her, she said I might not even wear it. But, I did and will wear it again! It's actually a good staple accessory and goes with a lot of outfits because it's black.

xo, 
Ally Marie

0 comments:

Post a Comment